Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Attack Of The Salad Tongs




I've been on kind of a Sherlock Holmes kick lately.  When I say Sherlock Holmes, of course I mean the Basil Rathbone versions.  These are the only way to go as far as I'm concerned :)  Anyways, I had only been watching ones I had seen before.  However, today I realized that all of the are available on YouTube because they all are on the public domain.  So, I began watching The Scarlet Claw.  Basically, it is about this French Canadian village that is being plagued by a monster who...Does not do very nice things to his victims.  His weapon of choice is a scarlet claw that remarkable resembles those kitchen tongs that are used to serve spaghetti.  Needless to say I was very calm and rational about the whole movie...Or maybe I was frozen with fear in my room, worried that some maniac with a kitchen utensil was going to kill me...But let's go with the first one :) One of the things I realized that made these movies so different from the crime dramas today is that they didn't show gory bodies or have raunchy language or scenes.  These movies are good based solely on the acting and the awesome storyline and suspense.  (Sometimes they are a little too good at the suspense part :))  So, I learned my lesson about watching scary movies without my husband there to protect me and also that we are having a sad drop in the quality of our movies.  But, speaking of wonderful husbands, I had the most amazing Valentine's Day!  I want to wait until I have the pictures up to describe it, but it was AMAZING!!!  How was your Valentine's Day?  What do you think about the violence and other yucky stuff in movies today?  What are your favorite suspenseful movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...