Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July Fun

This year Cameron and I decided to continue our tradition of going to Idaho Falls to see the fireworks with Aunt Wendy and family.  Little did we know the fun we were in store for.  We arrived at the fireworks an hour early, so we decided to play some cards games such as It Came To Pass, Old Maid, etc.  Ever few minutes an unknown man decided to scare the pants off of us by throwing loud fireworks in random places.  Needless to say, we were all afraid for our lives :D  As soon as the fireworks finally started, we realized that we were unfortunately seated in the worst spot possible, due to the position of the trees in front of us.  So, we all congregated to a new spot that allowed us to see most of the fireworks (the rest were blocked by a Jiffy Lube).  Now, Mr. Obnoxious Firework man sat diagonally in front of us.  He decided to make annoying comments, interspersed with horrible singing of certain patriotic songs.  The fireworks were beautiful, however, even more distracting, was the street in front of us.  On this street were two lights, one lane of both the lights were blocked by either a police car with flashing lights or a barricade. You would think that would make the impassibility of the said blocked lanes clear, however some cars just did not get it.  Hence, the entertainment.  Whenever a car would try to approach the blocked intersection, they would be yelled at by the  policeman in charge of directing traffic.  We heard such scoldings as, "You can't go this way!  That's why there's a police car in the way!" and, "There's a barricade here, that means you can't cross!" and my favorite, "TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON!"  After the fireworks were over, I suggested we stay and listen to silly people be yelled at by the cops, but it was to no avail.  I guess some people don't find that as entertaining as others (or they were just tired).  This is where the real fun started.  For some reason, we decided to go to a Wal-Mart that was in the middle of a traffic jam caused by people leaving the fireworks.  Getting there was no problem, trying to get back was the hard part.  It took us an eternity to make it home through the constipated streets of post-firework Idaho Falls.  Oh well, it was worth it :)
Thanks to Aunt Wendy and her family for a wonderful Fourth of July!!
Happy Independence Day!!

4 comments:

  1. Courtney your a silly girl!! Thats sounds like a freakin blast!! (: I miss you a lot!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ;) Thanks :) Miss you too!!!! Grandma is coming down next week...Hint hint... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i know... I wish... But Iam pretty sure that grandma would KILL me literally if I didnt go to the debate camp!! haha(: If you catch my drift haha(: I wish I could!! You know what?!?! Iam totally open during August though... (: And than i'll come visit you for the whole month! Wouldn't that be a blast?!? I think it would. (: Oh I will SOOOOOO call you!! I already have an idea!!!
    I love you sister!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miranda, I soooo agree that you should visit Courtney then maybe I would get a visit too!?

    Linzy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...