That awkward moment when a child in your class makes an inappropriate comment during sharing time and you hide your face in shame.
When your class begs for treats. Every single freaking Sunday.
Your class goes off on a random tangent and you don't even remember how it started.
Last week, we started talking about Commoncore, pluto (specifically why it wasn't a planet anymore) and gold rings.
They are always hungry. Always.
That one overachieving teacher that makes the rest of us look like hillbillies.
Thanks a lot! You know who you are....
When one of the kids gives the most random answer ever and you're not quite sure how to respond without sounding mean.
That one Sunday a month when your kids are so wiggly during sharing time you can't even believe it.
Oh look, she's doing something. Look, look! Look up there. Please?
At the end of class, you ask what they learned about and no one knows the answer.
You lose track of what lesson you are on and try to sneak a peak at the handouts from the class in front of you.
When sugardoodle saves your life.
The walk of shame when you arrive late.
And you know all of the other teachers are totally doing this.
That parent who walks up to you and thanks you for being an awesome teacher.
When your class latches on to a concept and gets it!
I love being a primary teacher a lot. I sometimes feel frustrated with my class but I wouldn't trade this calling for any other. Next year will be even more fun because we are getting a class full of boys. Looking forward to that... NOT! It will be hard to move on to a new class, but you always grow to love them.
I am way behind on my posts, so I will probably be posting a lot in the next few days in order to catch up. Sorry about that...
Did you like the gifs or were they too obnoxious? Let me know!
I hope you all had a merry Christmas!
Love,
Courtney













Love this, Courtney! I identify with all of it. If it makes you feel any better, the new kids I'm getting are also hellions. Actually, I think they're something worse than hellions. They're like . . . rabid monkeys injected with a mixture of adrenaline and Dr. Pepper and Pop Rocks. I get the privilege of corralling them into one row of chairs for two hours, using nothing but the power of my voice. Primary teachers are really amazing!
ReplyDeleteThanks :) I'm glad that we aren't the only ones. Yikes... That class does not sound fun at all. Good luck with that. The class we are inheriting is all boys who can't keep their hands to themselves.
ReplyDeleteThis had Jake and I rolling laughing! So true! For primary choristers too! Jake and I both agree with all of this! You're so awesome and funny :)
ReplyDeleteHaha :) Thanks Rachel :) Are you the chorister? Thanks so much :D
ReplyDelete