Thursday, July 16, 2015

Sorry Not Sorry

Okay, I am a little sorry about the rant that is about to explode on this blog.  You have been warned.

Remember the ice bucket challenge?  That produced some hilarious videos and also brought up some serious feels.  What about the blue versus gold dress controversy?  All fun times on the internet right?

Let me fill you in on the latest internet trend.  Wait, no.  Let me show you.  Click here to witness the phenomenon of the #don'tjudgemechallenge.  Go ahead.  I'll wait.

Yep.  They're all pretty much like that.  Don't get me wrong, I think they are hilarious.  But I have one teeny-tiny problem with them.  These videos promote the idea that you are only worthwhile if you are wearing makeup and expensive clothing.  That if you don't fit into the cookie cutter of societal beauty, you are less of a person.  That's just plain not true folks.

This person:

Is just as worthwhile as this person:

Wearing makeup and nice clothes isn't a bad thing at all.  I love doing it!  But, it isn't important, and it certainly doesn't determine your importance as an individual.  

Phew...Sorry about that!  Just had to get that little tidbit off my chest.  Hope you're having a great day!






Love,





Courtney





2 comments:

  1. True DAT! Thanks for being so down to earth! It's refreshing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah :) Down to earth, or just crazy? :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...