Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Horror!

      A few weeks ago I began to have a pain in my mouth that I hadn't felt since I lost my last baby tooth..  The realization came that I was probably feeling the growth of my wisdom teeth.  Oh joy.  After moaning and groaning for several days, Cameron made me set up a dentist appointment. I never really knew how terrified I am of the dentist until now.  What if I get dry socket?  What happens if he gets too pull happy and removes too much gum tissue?  Or, that horror of all horrors, the mother of all dental fears:  What if I do something stupid while under the influence of laughing gas???  Needless to say, I am shaking in my proverbial boots about my appointment tomorrow.
      In other news, my hair is driving me crazy.  Any ideas for a new style?




Love,




Courtney

4 comments:

  1. Having recently gone through my own tooth extraction, here's some good advice on how NOT to get dry socket. Make sure, once the bleeding stops, to not dislodge the blood clot that now resides where your tooth used to be. Eat soft foods, aka pudding, jello, ice cream, and most of all keep food away from your now lovely blood clot. Don't swish anything in your mouth, don't suck on straws, don't create any unnecessary air movement that could dislodge that all important blood clot. It sounds hard, but I promise it's not. Just take necessary precautions and you too will survive it all. Unscathed even! :)
    And, even better news, what happens under the influence of laughing gas, stays in the "she was under the influence of laughing gas" files. :) I'm sure the dentist and his assistant will just be glad you're complying with them and not caring what you say or do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice :) It doesn't sound too difficult. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the dentist had to reschedule my appointment. Hmm.. I am glad to hear about the "she was under the influence of laughing gas" files though. I always worry that my dentist will become a comedian and I will be the source for a funny routine :D. Silly, huh?

      Delete
  2. I've had laughing gas a few times, and as far as I could tell, it did absolutely nothing for me. Or maybe it did ... it was when I was a kid, and I remember thinking that everything was supposed to be hilarious now. I held a few nervous giggles inside, and then I just relaxed and though, "Eh, I feel just the same as before! I've been robbed!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha...That is too funny! No effect at all, huh? Hopefully that will be my experience as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...