Monday, January 21, 2013

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good



Last night, I received a phone call that my aunt Ruth died.  She passed so suddenly and unexpectedly that it was a big shock.  Everyone kindly asks how I am feeling.  I don't exactly know how to answer them. The only way I can think of to express my feelings about Ruth is by writing this letter to her.

Dear Ruth,

I wish that I had one more chance to talk to you.
To tell you how much I love you and appreciate you.
To express how much fun I had spending time at your house.
Remember that one time when we had a Non-Lemonade Stand?  
Or when we walked all the way to Albertsons because they were having a grand opening?
You would come swimming with us every day at your apartment, even if you didn't want to.
I also remember one time when our car got stuck at Alice's house and you wore my boots (I was 8 or 9) and they fit!!
When you came to live with my parents in Meridian, we had a lot of fun times.  Like when we dressed Jeremy up like a girl, or when all three of us wrestled you to the ground.
(For some reason, you still put up with us!)
I remember how much you love country music.  
Whenever anyone took your blood, checked your blood pressure or anything like that, they would comment on how soft your skin was and how beautiful your nails were.
Everyone who came in contact with you experienced your bright personality and were never the same.
You strove to bring a smile to all and make their day a little bit better.
You loved all animals, especially Sweet Pea.
I wish that I had told you how much all of these memories meant to me the last time I saw you.   I barely even talked to you and I'm sorry for that.  
As much as I will miss you, I know that you are in a better place.  You have your vision back, you aren't held back by your physical limitations.  You are with Grandpa, Baby Wenniel, Great Grandma and Aunt Anita.  
I know that this letter can't make up for lost words, but I hope you can read it from where you are.




Love,


Courtney

4 comments:

  1. I turned your playlist to "angel" as I read your letter, which left me in tears. My heart is broken. So many memories of Ruth. I'm sure she knows your heart. Love you Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful letter, Courtney! I am sure she can read it. Please let me know if you need anything, I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have so many good memories of Ruth. I remember her living at our house. She was so good natured. She was easy to have around. We are so lucky to have known her and will miss her bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyson: Aw.. That is a perfect song for this. I am glad that you guys had good memories together. Thanks :) Rachel: Thank you, I hope she can too. Mom: I remember her living there too. We were very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...