So, I went a little crazy with the nail polish last week, here are the results.
1. Polka Dot Nails
What it was supposed to look like:
What it actually looked like:
This one didn't turn out too badly. I just unbent a bobby pin and used the squishy end. I got the idea from this video.
Either end works just fine. Just dip one end into the nail polish and press it onto the end. The firmness that you use will determine how large the dot is. If you press it softly, the dot will be small. If you apply more pressure, the dot will be larger.
2. Cloud-y Design Nails
What it was supposed to look like:
What it actually looked like:
This doesn't look too bad in the picture, but it would be nearly impossible to do on your left hand. I'm pretty sure this was a freak of nature happening.
3. Strawberry Nails
What it was supposed to look like:
What it actually looked like:
Yeah, this did NOT work out like I thought it would. Like, at all. It seemed really easy, you just cut out little triangles from a piece of scotch tape and then tape it onto your nail. Yeah, it's not that simple.
4. V-Tip Nails
What it was supposed to look like:
What it actually looked like:
I have a very difficult time free-handing stuff. (If you couldn't tell). I am going to try this again with tape.
5. Giraffe Print Nails
What it was supposed to look like:
What it actually looked like:
This was a train wreck with a capital T. My nail polish must've been defective. It could not have been user error. Not possibly.
6. Heart Nails
What it was supposed to look like:
What it actually looked like:
-
Yeah, this one didn't get past the production stage. Again, the idea sounded simple. Just draw a heart onto tape and press it onto your nail. However, tape is sticky and that is the moral of this particular tragedy.
Tape likes to stick to itself. A lot.
7. Swirly Nails
What it was supposed to look like:
What it actually looked like:
This turned out like Jackson Pollock meets Monet's Waterlilies (not in a good way). I think the problem might have been that my swirl-er was a little too large in the tip.
I hope you enjoyed this post, I had a lot of fun trying out all of these ideas!
Love,
Courtney















Haha this post made me laugh. I think they all look great! I'm lucky if I can make just a plain nail polish job look decent! :)
ReplyDeleteDitto! And if I ever got my nails to grow that long, it might be a small miracle. LOL
ReplyDeleteLoved all of them! I would love to see the heart one! You just make me laugh. I especially liked the strawberry one! You're awesome Corts! :-)
ReplyDeleteKierstin: Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! :)
ReplyDeleteAlysa: I am just lucky :D I don't know how they get so long.
Mom: Aw, thanks :D Maybe I will try a little bit later.