Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Magic Trick
This week I learned the coolest cleaning trick EVER! Seriously, this will blow your mind.
Sometime in this past week, someone spilled some honey all over the floor and some chairs. It doesn't really matter who it was, however I think it important that you know it wasn't me. Anyway, I was super stressed about trying to get it out of the carpet. Naturally my first instinct was to Google it. I found several different possible solutions including:
1. Scrape off the honey with a butter knife (this work for about five seconds and will only remove the top layer of honey).
2. Spray the honey with window cleaner (no, just don't).
3. Use laundry detergent to blot the honey (I did not try this, but it would be super messy).
And then, I finally found THE SOLUTION! This glorious website recommended using boiling water with a washcloth. That's it just boiling water. And let me tell you, that stuff worked like a charm. All of the honey came out of both the wood chairs and the carpet. Although I would suggest that you scrape off the excess honey, especially from carpet. But I would use a spoon or the BACK of a butter knife.
Maybe you already knew about this trick, but I thought it was pretty amazing. Thank you for reading, I enjoy your blogs as well. I hope you have a great week!
Love,
Courtney
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey..I enjoy reading your blog too! I hope someone comes over with honey real soon and I may even give them a nudge so that they will spill it all over my couch and carpet so I can try this out. I really enjoyed your last posting about your outing to the miniature golf course. You never did tell us who won at miniature golf! Love you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mom! I will be happy to do that next time I'm over there :D Oh, well I thought it was obvious that I won :D Love you too!
ReplyDelete