No, really I can! Today Cameron and I went to the ophthalmologist to get our eyes checked. Sounds super boring, right? We had to call around for quite a while before we could find a place that could fit us in. We basically had to hustle over there before the next person showed up. But, we made it!
The cool thing is, we were able to get contacts. Even since I was very young, my eyes have needed glasses.
For the first time in years I am able to see without glasses on! It is so crazy. I had a really hard time getting them in the first time. I kept on blinking them out. The lady was very patient with me and I was eventually able to put them in. (That was nothing compared to her trying to get me to take the air puff glaucoma test.) I was so grateful to her, she was so kind.
It is so weird to look around and not see my glasses frames. I can see peripherally without any blurriness. I look so odd in the mirror. Don't get me wrong though, I completely love it! Being glasses free is amazing! Although, we are only allowed to wear them for a certain amount of time each day. Pretty soon I will be wearing them all day!
PS: Yes I do know that having a post dedicated solely to eye care is kind of a testament to how unexciting my life is, but hey, I love it.
Love,
Courtney
I remember when I first got contacts. Or actually a contact. But either way, it was an awesome feeling! So freeing!! Glad you get to try them out and enjoy some freedom with them.
ReplyDeleteYou only had one contact? Yes it is very freeing. I love it. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, interesting story. One eye is like 20/30 and one eye is like 20/60. The eye close enough to 20/20 didn't NEED a contact but obviously the other eye did. I actually gave up any eyewear when I decided the continued use was weakening my bad eye AND my good eye. I was just out of school when I made that decision and here we are 16 years later! Guess I must have been right because I have better vision than most people I know and still don't feel the need for glasses.
ReplyDeleteI agree Alysa. Sometimes I think the glasses weaken my eyes. I'm going to try reading without them. ugghhhh...Glad you can see clearly Corts!
ReplyDeleteAlysa: Whoa, that is crazy! That worked out well :)
ReplyDeleteMom: Thanks :) You just need to eat more Vitamin A, like you said the other day.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! Your life is so improved now! I can't stand to wear my glasses anymore because contacts are so much more convenient! Yay you! When are we getting together for dinner and games?? I will be inviting you over soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks Rachel :) We need to get together yesterday! Cameron went to your work to get a haircut, but you weren't there. It was really sad :(
ReplyDelete