Friday, February 28, 2014

More Conversations

We got released from our Primary calling a few weeks ago, but were called in to substitute today.  We got to teach our old class!  It was great to see all of them and how they've grown.  They also supplied us with some hilarious conversations, so here goes:

Primary Leader:  Primary Kid 1 how do you love your family?
Primary Kid 1:  But I didn't have my hand raised, I didn't!  I didn't raise my hand!

Our whole class:  Trying to one-up each other with airplane stories
Primary Kid 2:  My Dad's a pilot.
Rest of the class:  **chirp, chirp**

(We were drawing pictures of our families using a tracing of a hand.)
Primary Kid 2:  My Dad has a frowny face because he's grumpy.
(Seriously, the most frowny face I have ever seen on a crayon-traced finger)
Primary Kid 1:  Why?
Primary Kid 2:  He yelled at me.

Primary Kid 3:  Can I get a drink?
Cameron:  If you hurry REALLY fast.
(Primary Kid 3 rushes out of the room and comes back with water dripping down her chin).
PK3:  I hurried really fast!
'
(Cameron showed the kids a "magic trick that involved two pennies, a piece of paper and his tie.)
Cameron:  Look!  The penny disappeared, it's magic!
Rest of the class besides PK3:  **shock**
PK3:  Nobody has magic
(She also figured out the rest of the tricks in Cameron's "magic" repertoire)

This isn't a conversation but I thought it might be a good setup for Other Primary Kid's behavior.  In our ward, the Primary president knocks on the classroom door 5 minutes before we are supposed to end our lesson.  OPK decided to knock 30 minutes before the actual time class was supposed to be over.  It was ward conference so we thought that maybe we were ending early to make more time for stake business stuff.  We packed up our class and headed downstairs, only to see that no one else was waiting in the hall.  We went back upstairs to see if the other classes were still there and caught OPK knocking on all of the doors in the hall.  Needless to say we spent the rest of class playing telephone.  

Primary Leader:  What can we do with our ears?
OPK:  Cut them off.
(She preceded to do this with every body part mentioned, but varied in the way to destroy the particular appendage)


2 comments:

  1. Ohhh primary... Can't wait for my primary days to be over! Haha just kidding. Kind of... I love that you keep track of all the funny things that they say. They will be fun for you to look back on in ten years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahha! You have a way bigger job than I did though :) Yeah, I have a horrible memory, so I try to write everything down that I can remember. Also, I just can't believe how silly these kids can be sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...