Here is the stencil that I used. It is of Dwight, a character from a TV show called The Office.
I cut out the INSIDE of the parts that would be painted on the shirt. I did this using a pair of fingernail scissors. This was a HUGE pain. I had to stop and think about what I was doing a couple times. The glasses were the hardest part. Then I ironed it onto the t-shirt.
After the paint is dry, I removed the freezer paper. Some of the paper had to be taken off with tweezers (inside of the glasses).
Here is the finished product. By the way, using white paint on a black shirt was not very smart. It took at least 10,000 coats to make it pop.
Here is the stencil I used on the back of the shirt. I would not recommend using one with so many letters. It is super hard to 1) cut out all the little pieces, 2) keep track of the insides of letters (o's, e's, d's, a's) and 3) remove all the little pieces afterwards. Do not do it! I forgot the one rule of crafting: keep it simple, stupid.
This is after three coats, do not use white paint on a black shirt. Seriously, it probably took about 10-15 coats. Also, I could not for the life of me remove all of the little freezer paper remnants. It turned out like a big, blurry mess of letters. That's why there's not a picture.
Here is the type of paint that I used. I think I got it from Wal-Mart.
All in all, this project was easy. Any hard parts were my own fault. I love freezer paper stenciling because you can customize your own designs. Also, it is fool-proof. Thanks for reading!
Love,
Courtney







You have got some serious skills! Wow is all I can say.
ReplyDeleteHey I want a shirt like that! Okay, I know I keep saying I want to do this, but seriously! I'm thinking I need to find someone with one of those cricket cutter thingies. Wouldn't that make it easier? Yeah!
ReplyDeleteAlysa: Thanks :D I can totally show you how to do it! It is not difficult at all :)
ReplyDeleteAlyson: I will make one for you! A lot of people say that the cricket thingy makes this a LOT easier. Oh! I totally forgot that I also had to trace the stencil onto the freezer paper, but you can also print it on the freezer paper if you DON'T have a laser printer. If you have a cricket, you can cut out the stencil directly that way. (I want one of those!)
ReplyDeleteWe have to do this at dad's house. He has a cricket!! ����
ReplyDeleteAwesome craft project! The best part is the quote at the end but I'm going to change it a bit: I ask myself after reading a blog post: Would an idiot write that? If the answer is yes...then I don't bother replying to that post! Hahah! Awesome project and I really want to learn how to do this!
ReplyDeleteMiranda: Really?? We definitely HAVE to try that :D
ReplyDeleteMom: Thanks. HAHA! I love that policy, I will have to follow it from now on ;) I will show you how the next time I come up there :D
ReplyDeleteWhoa! Cool! I didn't know about that trick! That is so awesome. Good sister award! I want a cricket too! SOOOO BAD!
ReplyDeleteI always forget that you make us prove we aren't robots so then I switch to the next post without my comment on the previous post actually getting posted! You should consider changing that setting.... :)
ReplyDeleteHahaha, I learned about it in Relief Society actually ;) Wait, you can change that??? Please tell me how!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that robot thingy is disabled. What a pain...
ReplyDelete